Rollcage 3 And Friends
dinizgames Wrote:this is Firebugs, the game that was supposed to be called Rollcage 3; From the same developers, you should expect same graphics and physics engine, and for sure a kick ass art direction, and this is no exception, but you may notice how the art direction in this game is quite different but pretty cool,

This one is pretty short, but sweet

Holy Crap, this looks awesome!

(2012-02-03, 05:24 AM)Frillis Wrote: Holy Crap, this looks awesome!

I REALLY like the parts inspired by the stage2 cover (seconds 6-7 and especially 34-37).

With that said, the cars do drive a bit funny Tongue , but I guess it's manual animation? In that case it's quite nice work.
Bumping this old thread to say that thanks to some mycode all youtube embedding should now be html5 capable. The default flash embedding has kept me awake at night, but now it should all be a-okay (at least assuming people enable html5 beta).

Oh, and to stay on topic:

Try systemd. They said.
It'll be just as reliable as init. They said.
It'll be completely bug-free. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
Okay, so the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.
Okay, we'll shove it down your throat whether you like it or not. They said.

I guess it's finally time to look into GuixSD and/or devuan.

Code:
systemd-journald(195): Received SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-udevd.service entered failed state.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-journald.service entered failed state.
Dude, that video is olddddd... I need to make a new one.
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
[Image: 54f5c31d9f2ce.gif]
I can imagine it right now: "Hello everybody. This is ReCaged which was previously called RollCageX, and since then... Well, not much else has happened. The ugly default car has been replaced with a slightly less ugly car. That is all." Now that I think about it I would actually like to hear that, if you manage to read the last part in the voice of Patrick Stewart.

Oh well, at least there's a website now...Angel
Try systemd. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
Okay, so the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.

Code:
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
(2013-07-12, 06:44 PM)Slinger Wrote: I can imagine it right now: "Hello everybody. This is ReCaged which was previously called RollCageX, and since then... Well, not much else has happened. The ugly default car has been replaced with a slightly less ugly car. That is all." Now that I think about it I would actually like to hear that, if you manage to read the last part in the voice of Patrick Stewart.

Oh well, at least there's a website now...Angel

The more time it takes, the greater it will be ! Diablo 3 being an exception to that rule
___________________________________________________________________________________
Rollcage steam group to plan multiplayer games, check it out -> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rollcage
Ah, that warms my heart. Thank You! Smile
Try systemd. They said.

Code:
Hey, a question: does the youtube videos play using html5 or flash for you? It used to be html5 for me, but google changed something. I've simply removed gnash so now it's back to html5 - for me.

I'd like to know what player gets loaded for other people!
Try systemd. They said.

Code:
It seems to be predominantly using HTML5 for me.

I think because I disabled Flash so it tries to use Flash, fails, and defaults to HTML5 instead.
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
Ah, good. So you actually got flash disabled? Seems that thing is finally dying - Nice! Smile
Try systemd. They said.

Code:
It crashes my graphics drivers sometimes. Annoying.

Relevant - big discussion taking place on Steam's Rollcage group. One of the original game developers popped up ... and he's taking on ideas and attempting to fix problems with the original game - primarily the netcode so it works better with high latency, but he's looking into things such as porting Rollcage 1's physics to Stage II's, and porting Stage II's assets to Rollcage 1.

He doesn't have the source code but he seems to know how to modify the retail version. I've asked him if he has any information/knowledge on technical things in the hopes of being able to shed some light on the fundamentals of the game. People have even asked to see if it's possible to get more than 6 cars in one race (10 would be awesome).
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
I think you have misunderstood Tongue he actually has the source code, without it he wouldn't been able to modify so easily the game.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Rollcage steam group to plan multiplayer games, check it out -> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rollcage
:O
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
Hmm... Videos seems not to render anymore. Even when I disabled my customizations... maybe it's just on my end.

And potterman: Pretty epic that you've made contact with someone who not only used to work on the games, but also got the sources. And the fact that he still use it from time to time (lego games?). I guess we wont be seeing it any time soon? (of course you all know my opinion here: all sources for all that is part of the human culture should be made available for preservation, perhaps require submitting of sources to get registered copyrights, similar to patents it could be made available when the copyright expires)

and another thing (The storm had now definitely abated, and what thunder there was now grumbled over more distant hills...): nice new avatar, Mac.

edit: nope, blank iframes seems to be a problem on my end. Probably some addon I installed during some paranoid session prevents iframes or something...Eyebrow And Mac, if you keep getting driver crashes, let me know. I suspect it all boils down to a certain *ahem*... nvidious driver not... well, playing nice with html5 videos (hardware acceleration perhaps?)... I mean, it can't be my webpage being specially tailored to crash a certain video driver, can it? Wink

(the answer is no)
Try systemd. They said.

Code:
Sure I know your opinion about it, and I share it as well. I really believe that if everything was open source, it would be damn great.

Still, if he was releasing the source code, he would potentially have problems with Sony, because it seems that Sony still have the copyrights of the game (even though Rollcage 1 is abandonware). So if he actually does, that will be only between him and another one, and someone that he would really trust. Because if the source code is posted somewhere on the internet, he would be the responsible of it.

But I've read that he may be OK to share the portion of the code about physics with K.Mac
I agree: Both original games are under copyright of sony (remember: there is no such thing as abandonware!), and I doubt he'd ever risk it. Also it seems he's still using the old code for making "modern" games, so he has a business advantage of keeping it as a secret tool (magically creating a "new" engine in a few minutes is always nice). :p

But I don't think the copyright will ever expire. Thanks to disney lobbying, copyrights should soon extend for over 100 years (+life). Tell that to those who implemented the copyright system in the first place (it was meant to be a few years, to give creators incentive to make works that would finally fall into public domain). Combine this new copyright abomination with the fact that the sources of lots of software and games that are now part of human history/culture/folklore/whatever is kept secret and then finally lost (with a few freak exceptions, seriously read this!). What this means is that all this old software (in time) will become complete junk. No one can look it through (think of how much all that doom code has meant!), fix it, properly maintain and archive this works.

It will all be thrown into the gutter. Even though the compiled versions are around, teasing us, hinting of what could have been. Eventually we will just have to give up and throw it all away, and declare the culture during 19??-21?? to be part of a dark age, impossible to recover.

But this is not just about source code. Remember I also mentioned copyrights. That extension is effectively robbing us of our cultural inheritance. God knows when we'll see those 20th century works in the public domain. But here's my guess: Not in our lifetime. Think about it: copyrights were meant to bring culture to the people, now it's misused to lock it away.
Try systemd. They said.

Code: