Let Me Show You It

Psst. There's a "Choose File" button near the bottom of the page. Use it. Once you've select an image, you can also insert it directly into the post. Neat, eh? I'd much prefer you to use the sites bandwidth+storage to host images and data, than a third-party image hosting site which will become a dead-link within 6 months, guaranteed.
Behold the majestic Lord SparklePaws!

"Pictures of your cat"?

You weren't kidding! ^_^

It just keeps staring at me... O_O
She arrived at the shelter as a kitten - found by a winter roadside, eyes frozen shut. The eye they managed to save can stare for two.
I used to have a pet cat ... then I took an arrow in the knee.

Okay, terrible and outdated memes aside, I do have a cat but since moving out from my parents' place she's ... well, lived with my parents, since I'm too paranoid about being able to look after her myself. That and the people around here are idiots and she'd probably get run over or killed by a neighbour's dog or something. :|

But yeah... I don't have pictures. But I luff my cat, isn't that enough? :<
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
[Image: 54f5c31d9f2ce.gif]
(2012-02-27, 02:54 PM)K.Mac Wrote: Okay, terrible and outdated memes aside,

Nevah! Terrible and outdated memes aren't just for Christmas..

(2012-02-27, 02:54 PM)K.Mac Wrote: I do have a cat but since moving out from my parents' place she's ... well, lived with my parents, since I'm too paranoid about being able to look after her myself. That and the people around here are idiots and she'd probably get run over or killed by a neighbour's dog or something. :|

But yeah... I don't have pictures. But I luff my cat, isn't that enough? :<

In Canada, most cats seem to be indoor cats. They don't do well in the winter, and the raccoons aren't too friendly in summer. Growing up in the UK, all the cats my family had were outdoor cats. And all but one ended up seeing the wrong side of a car.
I got bored so SECOND WIND!

[Image: 52ecfe2f8f918.jpg]

and

[Image: w2zyp.jpg]

That's what liquid cooling looks like, Slinger. Hnnng owo
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
Closed-loop liquid cooling? You eccentric person, you.Big Grin

Hummmm... I should post some pictures of my rig... Blush

Also: dude you messed up the page width! Lawls...Tongue
Try systemd. They said.
It'll be just as reliable as init. They said.
It'll be completely bug-free. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
Okay, so the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.
Okay, we'll shove it down your throat whether you like it or not. They said.

I guess it's finally time to look into GuixSD and/or devuan.

Code:
systemd-journald(195): Received SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-udevd.service entered failed state.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-journald.service entered failed state.
Blame the forum for having a 500KB upload limit (my camera's photos are 2MB jpgs...)
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
Well, the site is limited to 100MB (44MB already used), so maybe it's good that people don't upload just about anything... Oh well, I'll increase it a bit if it's necessary.

Image tangent: What do you use for drawing your avatar? Is it vector based?

edit/update: okay, 1MB. Not 2MB. I just that will at least prevent too big pictures... Wink
Try systemd. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
Okay, so the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.

Code:
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
A friend of mine draws me them. Starts with pencil sketches, works to ink then scans and finishes/colours them in Sai.
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
Ah, no vector graphics, and still so clear lines? Impressive.

I tried taking some pictures of the rig, but it turned out pretty grainy. And now I don't bother opening the case again. I didn't bother lifting it out from underneath the table anyway, so, well, some other day.
Try systemd. They said.

Code:
Okay, first time I post pictures of this thing:

On the surface it's quite plain and neutral, with a Fractal Design define r4 chassis. In fact it doesn't really make much sound either...
[Image: IMGP2356.jpg]

Yes, intel put a ridiculous amount of light on this mobo. This build is meant to be quiet and it got a samsung ssd, bequiet psu, clearly an aftermarket cooler on the hd6870 gpu and a quiet cm cooler on the cpu.
[Image: IMGP2359.jpg]
(also that string is to prevent the gpu from warping)

Well, that's that. Now I just wonder how long it'll take until I discover I'm visible in some reflection and remove all this in a paranoid panic. Wink
Try systemd. They said.

Code:
... dafuq is that thing at the bottom, the big white thing and the numbers?

o_o
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
What, the gpu cooler?

Bad angle on the photo, the leds are on the mobo: hardware&bios status. 00 is the bios boot code (finished post, os has taken over) the leds indicate some random stuff (graphics initialized, temperature, sata communication). The top ones are similar: they are slowly pulsing to indicate the cpu power states... It's all entirely pointless, of course. But it looks cool with the lights off.Tongue

the mobo is just a typical mid-range "desktop" thing, but it seems to be based around the same design as their "extreme" series. Actually, after an upgrade the bios now claims to be "extreme", and that's all fine I guess.

I had lots of issues with the mobo initially; ram voltage was set lower than the bios indicated. That's fixed now, but I can't enable any boot speed ups without the power led keep flashing even after boot.Undecided
Try systemd. They said.

Code:
meow
meow indeed Smile 

Also, welcome to the forum. I just need to ask (based on your signature): you're not just here to advertise, right? I have no problem with you having that signature at all, and I don't demand that you post anything to prove you're interested in rollcage and/or recaged. I just have as a policy to remove accounts created with the sole purpose of advertise/spam (mostly spambots, but also other kind of advertisements).

But otherwise, again: welcome!

edit: I removed the user (the account seems to have been made just for advertisement). To the the user (fuj123): Just create a new account if you want.
Try systemd. They said.

Code: