"Let's encrypt" and some updates.
So... it's been a while. I've not been posting for some time, but I try to keep the forum software updated. And after the recent update I discovered the good people on tuxfamily now have the certificates from "Let's Encrypt" up and working. So I've enabled encryption (https) for the forum (and main webpage).

Previously people could use https if they wanted, but it was self-signed (so the browser would complain). Now it's pretty much forced on everybody and should work without any browser warnings. I've also changed my custom youtube embedding code to use https to avoid warning about mixed encrypted/unencrypted content. I have not attempted to force all (user posted) image urls to be rewritten to https. Partially because I'm not sure all image hosts supports it, partially because I'm lazy and have seen most forums don't bother either.

I've also finally changed the name back to ReCaged instead of RCX. Not sure if Recaged would be better. But it seems lots of places have begun making up names as "Re[Something]", with "Something" being written with the first letter in upper case. So maybe I was just ahead of the time? Tongue

I want to be more active here again (nice to see people still post here sometimes!). But I can't promise anything yet. But now I'm going to do something about never completing that main webpage. I'll solve it old-school. 2011 old-school... Cool

edit: also just realized rollcagex was started in 2007 not 2006. I wonder where I got that year from. Undecided
Code:
systemd-journald(195): Received SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-udevd.service entered failed state.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-journald.service entered failed state.
Try systemd. They said.
It'll be just as reliable as init. They said.
It'll be completely bug-free. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
So the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.
Okay, we'll shove it down your throat whether you like it or not. They said.

I guess it's finally time to look into GuixSD and/or devuan.
Well, another mybb update (1.8.10). Finally got around to update. Have not managed to finish the "old school" change to the webpage... time just keeps on slipping, always so much to do.
Code:
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
Try systemd. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
So the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.

I finally got around to make some major progress on the new website during Saturday. Continued to work on it over the last days. It's looking quite good if I may say so myself. I hope to have it ready in a day or two... Smile
Code:
Try systemd. They said.

Okay, got stuck with some stuff yesterday, but got more done today. For anyone actually reading this: no I haven't uploaded the new site yet. I will once it's done. Right now the theme seems finished (except some minor tweaks). It's even fully responsive (eg: resize the window much smaller/read on a phone and the layout is properly reconfigured to quit the smaller space)!

Just some tweaks left to the theme and "download" page, touch up on the "about" page, and finally some meta data (.htaccess and sitemap). Almost finished...
Code:
Try systemd. They said.

Okay, did not have as much time and energy during Sunday as I thought I'd have. Got some stuff finished today. I have a feeling the new site will go up tomorrow.

update: turns out I didn't have enough time today (Tuesday). At least I've replaced the main page with a place-holder...

update2: some things have turned up, there will be some delay. Hopefully only a few days...
Code:
Try systemd. They said.

Forum update. Took the opportunity to try to tweak the forum to look a little bit more unique and match the new website. Not many big changes (compared to how it used to be), so hopefully it'll be possible to maintain the modifications (when new updates break them) without too much unnecessary work.
Code:
Try systemd. They said.