some basic road textures
I made some basic road textures a while back, I thought id put them here for if people wanted to use them.
Theyre released under the CC0 licence, feel free to use them for anything.

Attached Files Image(s)

Neat! Reminds me of the official atlas of textures used in the rollcage games. May I ask if you are planing for the textures to being used for something specific? Is this something best suited as a replacement for textures in the official old track editor, or is this something I could drop into blender easily?

My knowledge of texture mapping is a bit lacking, so I'm not completely sure how to make a only a specific part of the texture "wrap around" in blender (as compared to using a single image which will wrap around automatically with the right UV mapping). I suspect one needs to generate new "segments" of actual triangles for every "repeat" of the texture, something like this: http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Blen...g_tutorial But maybe I'm missing something? (it'd be nice to make a single big quad with few triangles and have a specific part of this image repeat multiple time over it).

Now all I need is a flat grass texture and I will have the textures I have needed for an old idea for a new test track... :-) If I ever get the time...
Code:
systemd-journald(195): Received SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-udevd.service entered failed state.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-journald.service entered failed state.
Try systemd. They said.
It'll be just as reliable as init. They said.
It'll be completely bug-free. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
So the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.
Okay, we'll shove it down your throat whether you like it or not. They said.

I guess it's finally time to look into GuixSD and/or devuan.
Cheers.

I did try to make a rollcage style level with them in blender, though I couldnt find a nice texture mapping toolset/workflow, so I just dropped the textures here for now.

I made some roads but nothing great/big, nothing automated, was a mess really.

I later watched some tutorials for how to generate roads with textures, but not much came from it.

The problem I had was just trying to find a nice toolset/workflow to make/generate roads with textures.

Youre welcome to use them... I tried to make a level with them, but ye, not sure how to add texture tiles to road quads easy.