Codie's Game...
... is looking cooler  every weeks wince I quit XNA.

What kind of game will it be ? Space opera ? RTS ? MOBA ? Smile
___________________________________________________________________________________
Rollcage steam group to plan multiplayer games, check it out -> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rollcage
A flagship oriented RTS that deals specifically with target handouts and logistics ( such as EW warfare, repair ships, prioritized targetting ).
Ok, that's nice ! From what you describe it looks a bit the same as Sins of A Solar Empire : Rebellion, and I love this game
___________________________________________________________________________________
Rollcage steam group to plan multiplayer games, check it out -> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rollcage
I do like sins., however fleet engagements will be more personal - so players wont be controlling an entire empire.
(2014-10-04, 07:50 PM)CodieMorgan Wrote: I do like sins., however fleet engagements will be more personal - so players wont be controlling an entire empire.

and my game is on Steam Greenlight in concept section.

vote for me
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=323037319
You have my green thumb ! I'm really curious of what the UI will be like
I pressed that hand symbol. It turned green. I'm not sure I've just voted for the project on greenlight or "liked" your video.

I say, I can't get my head around these so-called social-media things of these days. Well, look at the bright side: I never created an account on phacebook, and now people are starting to leave it? Yay, does that make me an involuntary hipster?
Try systemd. They said.
It'll be just as reliable as init. They said.
It'll be completely bug-free. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
Okay, so the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.
Okay, we'll shove it down your throat whether you like it or not. They said.

I guess it's finally time to look into GuixSD and/or devuan.

Code:
systemd-journald(195): Received SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-udevd.service entered failed state.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-journald.service entered failed state.
(2014-10-20, 06:37 PM)Slinger Wrote: I pressed that hand symbol. It turned green. I'm not sure I've just voted for the project on greenlight or "liked" your video.

I say, I can't get my head around these so-called social-media things of these days. Well, look at the bright side: I never created an account on phacebook, and now people are starting to leave it? Yay, does that make me an involuntary hipster?

Steam is a good way to discover new games cheaply. And without it, really honestly it wouldn't have been so easy to gather Rollcage fans. The thing that you've got events and announcements and things like that, which are then displayed in your Steam activity, well it's a way to get informed on what's going on without explicitely having to check every forums to which you're subscribed.

OK, there's the RSS Flux. Basically, I see Steam as being forum + RSS + voice chat + event notifier all in once.

Of course, there's the store part : they don't do it for free. But it's ok for me, because it's still really convenient.
I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing steam (not that I'm a big fan of it either). I just meant I've never used what is known as "social media" and whatnot. I honestly got unsure if clicking that "thumbs up" button meant I voted for it on greenlight or if I had "liked" the video on youtube.

Speaking of what you mentioned: I don't mean to complain, but since I'm so rarely logged into steam, or am but not actually sitting at the computer (or focusing on something) I just feel like I always miss all those announcements. Sure I see some of them (and manage to read half of the text before if disappears), but how many of them do I miss? Tongue

Yeah, get of my lawn.Eyebrow
Try systemd. They said.
It'll be just as reliable as init. They said.
It'll be completely bug-free. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
Okay, so the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.
Okay, we'll shove it down your throat whether you like it or not. They said.

I guess it's finally time to look into GuixSD and/or devuan.

Code:
systemd-journald(195): Received SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-udevd.service entered failed state.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-journald.service entered failed state.