Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life, the Universe, and Everything (was: "Wikipedia article might get deleted!")
Nice retort. Now I can't think of anything to write.

Oh! I beg to yi... no. No no no.

I'll just go over in the corner and shut up. Angel
Code:
systemd-journald(195): Received SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-udevd.service entered failed state.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-journald.service entered failed state.
Try systemd. They said.
It'll be just as reliable as init. They said.
It'll be completely bug-free. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
So the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.
Okay, we'll shove it down your throat whether you like it or not. They said.

I guess it's finally time to look into GuixSD and/or devuan.
This must be one of the most random and out-of-the-blue "reply" I've done yet. But Mac, if you're reading this: as I'm starting to get the main webpage to look the way I wanted (after so long), I'm reminded of an old promise I made to you:

(2015-04-21, 06:10 PM)Slinger Wrote: [...]
(2014-12-14, 07:37 PM)K.Mac Wrote: Oh yeah, how do I reset my theme? Because the 'default' theme I changed to to see if looked any good ... is lacking the 'choose theme' option so I can't go back to the one you'd modified... so staring at a bland MyBB theme I have no way of changing. :/
Don't worry! I removed the old theme altogether when I upgraded the forum software (too much template changes). Once I get the main/front site looking the way I want, I'll create a new forum theme matching it (complete with a "latest news" box at the top). This I do promise (unless I die or something).
[...]

I normally always try to keep my promises, but I think I'm going to have to break this one. The default mybb theme is not pretty, but it's functional and easy to maintain/fix when updating. I feel I have to prevent adding unnecessary burden so I can save some energy for more important stuff (study as usual, and try to have a stab at some of my old rcx-related TODOs...). All small things really piled up back then and I want to try to avoid adding unneeded things to my list of stuff to do.

I'm not happy about it, but this is the way the forum will look for now. But It's quite possible I might have another stab at making a new mybb theme in the future. But now it's more like: if it works, don't fix it. Otherwise I'll end up with an update at a inconvenient time that leaves an extra <div> somewhere or a layout change in the main theme that requires rewriting my theme because some class changed name or something.

ps: also, you gif's gone again. Tongue
Code:
systemd-journald(195): Received SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-udevd.service entered failed state.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-journald.service entered failed state.
Try systemd. They said.
It'll be just as reliable as init. They said.
It'll be completely bug-free. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
So the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.
Okay, we'll shove it down your throat whether you like it or not. They said.

I guess it's finally time to look into GuixSD and/or devuan.