MyBB 1.8
Just updated to 1.8, and it all seems to work fine. But:

But the decoration (css) and layouts are all messed up. I'm too tired to fix it tonight, but If it drives anyone insane go to your profile and change theme from "Use Default" (or "Sky") to "Default", so get the default mybb theme. Which looks pretty good btw.

Also, the unread posts and registration question plugins aren't updated to work with mybb 1.8 yet, so they will be down until the authors get the time to update them.

Update: Okay, I've removed the modified theme and set the default as... default. I think I know enough now to modify the default theme as needed (change header/footer and layout) without duplicating the theme (inject new css and layout code into the existing theme). Also, still no 1.8 update to ssl switcher, registration question and unread posts.
Try systemd. They said.
It'll be just as reliable as init. They said.
It'll be completely bug-free. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
Okay, so the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.
Okay, we'll shove it down your throat whether you like it or not. They said.

I guess it's finally time to look into GuixSD and/or devuan.

Code:
systemd-journald(195): Received SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-udevd.service entered failed state.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-journald.service entered failed state.
Removed that spammer (how did it get around that captcha?). As for the forum: All fixed up now (except for styling).

* mybb 1.8 got integrated registration questions. Any suggestions?
* "view unread posts" has been updated to work with 1.8
* "ssl switcher" is still not compatible, but I've edited the settings so it's enabled anyway. Seems to break some editing javascripts helpers but it's better than nothing

Also someone removed the info about recaged on the rollcage page on wikipedia. One Two Three Four, I declare an edit war! Tongue
Try systemd. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
Okay, so the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.

Code:
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
I should warn you. "deleting templates is very bad once a website is live!", especiallly when the CMS doesnt take this into account.

The theme select field is actually non-existant in the user's options (if you disabled user theme options, that would explain it - non admins wouldn't be able to see it) , so your instructions to correct this is a little off.
Also, if the number of (active) themes is less than two - the field will also hide itself from non-admin users (and probably admins too).

However: The fix is simple (if the option/theme select field is not visible):

simply go to the User Control Panel, click Edit Options on Left side, and click Apply.
Thats it, the default theme will now be applied to your profile.

Attached Files Image(s)

Well, at least now I have a theme again.
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
[Image: 54f5c31d9f2ce.gif]
(2015-09-05, 11:47 AM)CodieMorgan Wrote: I should warn you. "deleting templates is very bad once a website is live!", especiallly when the CMS doesnt take this into account.

Ah good Sir, I will have you know I did no such thing.

Okay, enough posh. Judging from the date of you post what you actually experienced was the result of changes to the database. Long story short: I asked someone on tuxfamily to rename the project back from "rcx" to "recaged". A while later Sylvain told me he'd renamed everything (including databases). He even did some search&replace in the databases to try to keep everything running (nice guy!), but as you discovered some stuff (mainly caches, like the theme cache) couldn't be updated without digging deeper or using the forum and cms admin tools. Unfortunately I did not have the resources to fix it back then, but I think when you changed your theme you triggered the whole forum theme cache to update(!). Thanks! Btw: the cms and forum are completely separated, but they are both updated now.

Also: nice to see you stopping by! How have you been? I'm sad I wasn't able to respond sooner, and I'm not sure you will find this reply.

Regarding the name change I mentioned above: yes I plan to change it back to "ReCaged" or "Recaged" (when I have more resources to spend on it). Still not sure which one. But when I am, I'll make it more visible (right now it's only internally). Also I'll add back some info about it to wikipedia - unless Broscar go and delete it all again. Tongue
Try systemd. They said.

Code: