Rollcage Music
I realise you can find some of the music spread about over Youtube, but i decided to rip the music from the original PS1 discs and make a Youtube account to compile them all together. Big Grin

There are some songs in particular, in which the original full tracks are actually completely different to the in-game versions, and some of these in-game versions do not exist on Youtube. (Notably 'Aquasky - Halifax' and 'Dom & Roland - Slipstream'.

These are the in-game versions for full nostalgic effect! Wink

http://www.youtube.com/user/rollcagesoundtrack/videos
Is it possible to upload all those songs together in one big .zip file?

From my experiences from searching for EZ Rollers music, you're probably going to find a lot of those videos will get deleted and/or your account closed because Youtube are horribly anal about the Rollcage soundtrack for some reason. Especially since a lot of the PS1 soundtrack ranks on my all-time 'favourites' in terms of music and what I do in fact still listen to when playing games.

For the record, I do have the PS1 soundtrack - the good-old-days where PS1 games used CDDA audio and you could just rip that shit straight off the disc in windows media player. But having both the Rollcage1 and Stage II music in one place (and with correct track titles because I apparently have three more songs than what the official soundtrack disc actually has) would be nice Smile
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
[Image: 54f5c31d9f2ce.gif]
(2014-02-04, 12:57 PM)K.Mac Wrote: Is it possible to upload all those songs together in one big .zip file?

Sure thing. Thumbs Up

I'll upload a .zip onto some File Sharing site, or maybe Dropbox if you want? Whatever is the best method! Tongue

(2014-02-04, 12:57 PM)K.Mac Wrote: because I apparently have three more songs than what the official soundtrack disc actually has)

How strange! Exclamation

What are these tracks?

Is one of them 'Aphrodite - Spice'?
The track names beyond King of the Beats are wrong because I think the official soundtrack skipped one of the songs between that and Love Island.

However, I'm pretty sure you may be able to figure them out.

http://animechatforums.com/mac/RCX/rollc...dtrack.rar
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
Hehe yup, they are indeed labelled wrong.

Here, i might as well send you the soundtrack to both Rollcage and Rollcage Stage 2, all labelled. Thumbs Up

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lt25er
I'm probably too tired, but I just had to log in and comment here...

A... ahem... Close friend of mine... Has been looking for high quality versions of the PS soundtracks for the games for a long time... And he's really happy about this .Wink

So... Some fun facts about the rollcage soundtracks (I could be wrong here, this is from what I remember):
* Most tracks are shortened down a bit in the beginning/end ("radio mixed"?Tongue), to give focus on the high-tempo parts.
* The stage2 pc soundtrack is not by obscure artists, but actually uses many tracks from the soundtrack for Wipeout 3, notably MKL.
* The "stage1" pc soundtrack, though... I have no idea. I'm still trying to figure out who made the intro/outro music. Any ideas would be appreciated. Hang on, maybe I should just check the credits in the game?

Ah, such nice rolling tunes...Cool Ehmm... Says that friend of mine... Wink

Also: EZ ROLLERS FTW! I'm a long-time fan of their music. I think I heard some of their tracks on the radio when I was very young. You know, back when radio stations played GOOD music. So when rollcage -much later- led me to discover them, there was something familiar about the music. Also I just discovered (when listening to random liquid dnb on di.fm) that they still make new songs ('here I am', I thought it was familiar...Big Grin)! They seem to have a page on soundcloud (flash? meh...), where they offer some of their older tracks for download sometimes. Not sure under what terms (I don't think I dare email them and ask if it's public domain so I could use them for recaged... Tongue).
Try systemd. They said.
It'll be just as reliable as init. They said.
It'll be completely bug-free. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
Okay, so the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.
Okay, we'll shove it down your throat whether you like it or not. They said.

I guess it's finally time to look into GuixSD and/or devuan.

Code:
systemd-journald(195): Received SIGTERM.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-udevd.service entered failed state.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
systemd[1]: Unit systemd-journald.service entered failed state.
All I know is that the licensed soundtracks are better. :/ I was sure Wipeout 3 had a different soundtrack too. Or maybe they just used the ones that they were allowed to use.

Oh! Before I Forget (Slipknot reference /bad), my soundtrack folder ... apparently has the Rollcage OST box art. Yes, seriously. The messed-up names are literally what the Internet downloaded. I'm not sure if one of those three extra songs in it might be the one you're looking for.

All I know is I have the song that plays on the Construction site and it says 'holy shit' as part of a repeated sample near the end. Ah, the good old days where game developers had a sense of humor and snuck stuff like naughty lyrics and a hidden cheat-code to make multiplayer really rude (hint hint "Slinger got fucked up by a Driller" lmao) into their games. Smile
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
Okay, sorry for the absence. But I come bearing gifts! Well... The gifts of knowledge!

So we all know the psx soundtracks, but for the PC soundtracks, here's what I've found so far:

Stage 2: ALL tracks are produced by Gary Mckill ('MKL'). Two of these tracks also ended up on the wip3out soundtrack (under the name MKL). Random thought: I'm thinking of writing an email and ask about the licensing/copyright status. No big hopes, but maybe he still got the copyright and might be okay with releasing it as PD or CC?

Original game: Not sure yet, but the credits lists Martin Sommerville (who is also one of the original rollcage artists and modelling/texturer for stage 2) and Des Tong (dunno about this one, but seems to have created the track 'Organised' for the PSX album also maybe the Bass player for Sad Café?). Since the psx and pc version got the same credits music, maybe all in-game pc music was made by Martin Sommerville, and the credits track by Des Tong? Or maybe they collaborated on the pc music and kept the credits track for psx?

Now there's a weird thing about the original game (on pc): some versions doesn't have music at all, except for the cut scenes... This is the case for my disc. But it did have a pdf user manual on the disc. I think it was a later re-release.

Quote:All I know is I have the song that plays on the Construction site and it says 'holy shit' as part of a repeated sample near the end. Ah, the good old days where game developers had a sense of humor and snuck stuff like naughty lyrics and a hidden cheat-code to make multiplayer really rude (hint hint "Slinger got fucked up by a Driller" lmao) into their games.
Construction site?
'holy shit'?
I have no idea what you are talking about here. Is it the bonus track for pc? Does it even play in-game?

Oh, and... "Mac takes Homer up the arse". Tongue
Try systemd. They said.
Our monolithic windows-approach is far superior to the Unix-approach. They said.
Okay, so the codebase has grown gigantic and no one but our paid group of full-time developers who created it can maintain it and fix bugs... but it'll be fine. They said.

Code:
systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-udevd.service
systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service failed to schedule restart job: final.target is queued, ignoring restart request for unit systemd-journald.service
(2014-02-23, 12:16 PM)Slinger Wrote: Since the psx and pc version got the same credits music, maybe all in-game pc music was made by Martin Sommerville, and the credits track by Des Tong? Or maybe they collaborated on the pc music and kept the credits track for psx?

Aha, i knew it!

'Des Tong' never came up for any other songs when you typed it into Google and as catchy as that synth is for the Offworld tracks, i knew it was slightly more amateur in production than the greats like EZ Rollers and Aphrodite etc...

(2014-02-23, 12:16 PM)Slinger Wrote: I have no idea what you are talking about here. Is it the bonus track for pc? Does it even play in-game?

Pretty sure he's on about the bonus race track in Harpoon Islands. I don't think you actually race in it as part of the "leagues", but unlock it as a bonus along with the great "Super Bowl" and "Skid pan" tracks.

It has a lot of ditches in the road that you could fall into, and a construction crane?

Anyways, the song to that race track is "Dan mass - Gotta Learn", but it says "Get Shit Up" near the end?

Ah, the Road Works track? Thanks for explaining, I haven't played the playstation version so I didn't know the tracks had specific songs.

As for Des Tong, I did some more digging and guess what?

While the track is on the psx version:

It's also on the PC VERSION:

And something even weirder, it's NOT ON THE PSX version in the US:

It's a remix by a track by Aphrodite instead, although still (incorrectly?) labelled as made by Des Tong.

I'm not sure what to make out of all this, maybe the people responsible for the psx soundtrack used the PC soundtrack as a placeholder and were in a rush and forgot to switch one of the tracks to the real deal? And fixed it on the us version (but again, forgot to update the track listing)?

What id does mean is that we now have the name and artist of one of the songs on the PC soundtrack: Des Tong - Organised

So, maybe Des Tong made more of the songs? Or maybe this was one single "exclusive" licensed track? Wonder is Martin Sommerville made some of the other songs and/or the outro?

QUESTION: Is the PSX credits available online somewhere? Or can any of you guys dust of your old console and have a look at the credits? I'm wondering if Martin Sommerville is listed under the "Music" title on psx as well. Because if so, it might mean he did the outro.

Also, I saw someone claiming Aquasky made several of the songs for PC, but I doubt it.
Try systemd. They said.

Code:
The PSX intro/outro if I recall correctly is a remix of the menu music. I haven't listened to the intro/outro song on the PC version.

(menu is the last song on my soundtrack list, if you're interested. I think the names are incorrect; it's titled as Track 15 but is probably 'Feel'.)
96.5%
MORE
WUB WUB.
Yeah, the PSX intro is Technology, but I thought the outro used the same song as PC?

Hang on, you've never heard the outro on PC? O_o
Oh lord, it's one of those tunes I'll always remember. I associate it closely with playing rollcage when I was younger.

And thank you, I'll check it out. Yup, 15 is Feel. Smile
Try systemd. They said.

Code: